1. Large Rucksack or Holdall, 70-90 litres capacity (for kit carried by porter).
2. Daysack, 25-35 litres (for personal use on mountain; ready-access items).
3. Sleeping Bag (minus 10 degrees Centigrade rating or colder).
4. Waterproof rucksack liner or heavy duty plastic sack.
5. Elasticated waterproof rucksack cover.
NB: sleeping mattresses are not required as we provide these for you.
1. Sweat-wicking T-shirts / vests.
3. Insulated down jacket or similar.
4. Down mittens or similar.
5. Thermal long-johns for summit night.
6. Lightweight walking trousers (avoid jeans or heavy cotton as they chafe and dry slowly).
7. Underwear (briefs are usually better than boxer shorts which gather and chafe).
8. Very good quality hiking socks and thin liner socks. (We advise that socks should be at least a size too small otherwise they stretch and bunch causing blisters).
9. Breathable lightweight waterproofs (jacket and trousers).
10. Waterproof walking boots, sturdy and worn-in. A Gore-Tex membrane or similar is advised. While Alpine or C3 boots are not required for Kilimanjaro it is important that your boots have good ankle and arch support and good deep read patterns.
11. Calf gaiters.
13. Goretex Mountain Cap or Woollen Hat.
14. Wide brimmed sun hat to protect face, ears and neck.
15. Hygiene related gear for use on Kilimanjaro.
16. Toothbrush, toothpaste & deodorant.
17. Flat packed Wet Ones, travel wipes, or similar for personal hygiene on the mountain.
18. Kleenex tissues in plastic travel pouches or toilet paper.
19. Hairbrush / comb.
20. Sanitary products.
21. Lip salve with UV protection.
22. Vaseline, to prevent chafing skin and heel friction blisters.